LeSean McCoy has officially been named the FedEx Ground Player of the Year for his stellar performance in the 2013 NFL season. The award is well deserved and it caps off what's been a highly decorated year for McCoy. This is the second time in three years McCoy has earned this honor. A complete list of the honors McCoy has received for his 2013 performance:
• NFL FedEx Ground Player of the Year
• Led the NFL in rushing yards (1607) and yards from scrimmage (2146). First time an Eagles player led the league in both categories since Steven Van Buren in 1947.
• Eagles franchise records broken: Single season rushing yards, Single season scrimmage yards, Single game rushing yards
• FedEx Ground Player of the Week (3x)
• NFC Offensive Player of the Week
• NFC Offensive Player of the Month (December)
• 2014 NFL Pro Bowler
• 2013 PWFA All-NFL Team
• 2013 AP NFL First Team All-Pro
• Self-awarded championship belt (pictured)
None of these awards come as surprise. McCoy is a special player and Eagles fans know that. I wrote back in September that McCoy was the best running back in the NFL. I think it's fair to say he's also the best running back in Eagles history.
McCoy beat out Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles and Chicago Bears Matt Forte to win the FedEx award. It's worth noting the candidates are chosen by the NFL but the award is based on fan voting. $25,000 will be donated in McCoy's name to the Junior Achievement chapter in Philadelphia. Broncos QB Peyton Manning was named the FedEx Air Player of the Year.
McCoy will receive his award on Saturday night at the NFL Honors awards show in New York City.
- Rumor: Jeremy Maclin Re-Signs with the Eagles
- Super Bowl 2014 Prop Bets Complete List
- Super Bowl 2014: Simulating the Game
- The Linc - Peyton Manning is Annoying
- Super Bowl Recipes: Drunken Chocolate Strawberries
- Super Bowl 2014, Broncos vs. Seahawks: Game Time, TV Channel, Online Streaming, Halftime Show, and More