I'll keep my rambling in cliff form tonight:
- Sign either Bryd or Clemons. Our defence had a good year forcing turnovers and what better way to continue that than getting a top 5 safety in Byrd. With a pass rush and him back there this defence improve in every aspect. Versatility!
- Trade B Graham to a 4-3 team. Mid round pick is likely the play here. I love the idea of trading with the dolphins for Dion Jordan and giving them an extra selection. You still have Cole to play the run and rush, but having Dion and Barwin in on passing situations takes the top TE and back field option out of the play. Versatility is the name of our defence.
- If it's a first or second in the trade above you switch picks in the round after to not drop back too far. Don't bitch about giving up a draft pick because what Dion would bring is so much more versatile and gives us room to go BPA in every rounds..
- Pick up either Pryor or Buchanan to compete with Wolff and potentially replace Byrd in a couple years. This would be a high selection obvs. People worry about either covering slot receivers so let's be thankful we have Boykin to do that and wouldn't have to have either cover the TE if we got Dion too
- We pick up in the draft ILB, CB, OL depth, WR, DL depth (4-3 DT/3-4 DE), utility 'special' player, S (above).
- That's seven picks and I trust Chip to fill the spots with value and players that ooze his culture
- Veteran signing to go on the DL could benefit the youth there
- Doing these moves would allow us to part ways with Demeco, Cole, Herremans, and Cary after next season when we'll need the cap space to keep our 2012 draft class together
give me your thoughts BGN