The Championship Round of the 2014 NFL Playoffs is finally here. With only four teams left, the winners of today's games will represent their respective conference in Super Bowl XLVIII. The Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots are set to face off for the AFC Championship crown. The San Francisco 49ers are in Seattle to take on the Seahawks for the NFC Championship. Some of the best football of the season is played on Championship Weekend. I suspect that trend will continue this year.
Patriots vs. Broncos - Tom Brady and the Patriots typically own Peyton Manning, but I can't bet against the Broncos insanely good offense here. The game is in Denver, so the Broncos have home field advantage. The Patriots haven't played a road playoff game in seven years. I'll take the favorites. Pick: Broncos win, 35-31
49ers vs. Seahawks - The 49ers are a very hot team, but their struggles in Seattle are no secret. In a game where these two teams share a lot of similarities, there's a big difference: the Seahawks are the 2013 NFC West champions. They will prove themselves worthy of that honor when they beat their rivals, the 49ers, on Sunday evening. Pick: Seahawks win, 30-27
Who Eagles Fans Are Rooting For:
Thanks to the results of our rooting guide polls, we already know who Eagles fans are rooting for.
When it comes to the AFC Championship Game, the results are clear: the Broncos are the team most Eagles fans will be supporting:
As for the NFC Championship Game, a favorite has emerged but the margin isn't as big it is in the AFCCG poll. The majority of Eagles fans will be supporting the Seahawks.
(2) New England Patriots vs. (1) Denver Broncos - [Preview]
Date: January 19
Game time: 3 p.m. ET
TV channel: CBS
Odds: Broncos are 6-point favorites
Location: Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado
Online streaming: CBS Sports
SB Nation blogs: Pats Pulpit and Mile High Report
(5) San Francisco 49ers vs. (1) Seattle Seahawks - [Preview]
Date: January 19
Game time: 6:30 p.m. ET
TV channel: Fox
Odds: Seahawks are 3.5-point favorites
Location: Century Link Field in Seattle, Washington
Online streaming: Fox Sports
SB Nation blogs: Niners Nation and Field Gulls
- What is the Eagles biggest need heading into the offseason?
- How the 2013 Eagles Compared to the NFL Average
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds, rooting guide and for AFC Championship 2014
- NFC Championship 2014: 49ers vs. Seahawks game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds, rooting guide, and more
- The Linc - Howie Roseman Deserves Credit
- 2014 NFL Pro Bowl: Eagles WR DeSean Jackson Headed To Hawaii