Eagles star running back had a highly decorated 2013 campaign, and now you, Eagles fan, can help McCoy earn yet another award. McCoy has been nominated for the NFL FedEx Ground Player of the Year. The award is based on fan voting. Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles and Chicago Bears RB Matt Forte are the other two nominees.
McCoy is certainly deserving of the award. He was clearly the best running back in the NFL this past season. From the NFL.com blurb:
McCoy won the league's rushing title with 1,607 yards, and is the first Eagle to lead the league in rushing since Pro Football Hall of Famer Steve Van Buren in 1949. McCoy also led NFL with 2,146 scrimmage yards, 79 rushing first downs and was second in the league with 102 overall first downs. McCoy rushed for 150+ yards in a franchise-high four games in 2013, while no other rusher in the NFL has done so more than once this season. He also holds an NFL record with seven-career fourth-quarter touchdown runs of 40-plus yards. Voted to his second Pro Bowl this season, McCoy was nominated for FedEx Ground Player of the Week four times, winning once.
The FedEx Air/Ground Player of the Year winners will be announced on February 1, 2014. $25,000 will be donated in the winning player's name to the Junior Achievement chapter in his city.
You can vote for McCoy by clicking here. Voting ends on January 26th.
- NFL Playoff Schedule 2014: Broncos vs. Patriots for AFC Championship, Seahawks vs. 49ers for NFC Championship
- DeSean Jackson Releases Statement Regarding Home Burglary
- Eagles Home Opener Opponent Super Bowl Winner Streak is Over
- Nick Foles Has Good Timing
- The Linc - Under the Radar Eagles To Watch in 2014
- 2014 NFL Pro Bowl: Nick Foles is Headed to Hawaii