Earlier today at the site I released my Week 4 NFL Power Rankings. But for some people, that's not enough, and what is only one opinion worth?
20) Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 16) - Thursday Night Football sucks. A loss to the Chiefs drops the Eagles down a few spots. The offense is great but the defense stinks. Sixth most points allowed.
20 - (LW: 18) - The Eagles went all out with a tribute to the past in Week 3. Donovan McNabb had his jersey retired, Andy Reid came back to town, and Michael Vick got hurt and turned the ball over three times.
20. Philadelphia Eagles (1-2, LW: 18)
I'm not sure if fans realize the irony in saying things like, "The media totally overreacted about Chip Kelly's offense after one game! It's horrible!!!!"
20. (LW: 19) - The Eagles had five giveaways on Thursday night and have now lost eight straight at home.
20. - LW (18) They have to take care of the ball or none of that spread stuff will matter. The defense also isn't a good tackling unit.
21 - Well, I guess the Eagles aren't going to change the way offense is played in the NFL any time soon and they can forget the two-point trick plays. The defense can't stop anyone right now.
20. (LW: 17) - It's amazing, the similarity in scope of the careers of Randall Cunningham and Michael Vick. A colleague in the industry who has worked for the Eagles told me the team never will win a championship with Vick, and while I never want to overreact, it's almost impossible to disagree with that sentiment.
That said, the Eagles' defense played easily its best game Thursday night -- Connor Barwin in particular made several impressive plays. Still, the unit could not overcome the giveaway-fest hosted by the offense and special teams; facing too many short fields proved to be too much.
19. (LW: 15) - The Eagles wrongly assumed they were done losing when Andy Reid was on the sidelines.
So what's to make out of all of this? The general consensus seems to be the Eagles are the league's 20th best team... or 12th worst. It's a fair ranking. Philadelphia has some things to fix before they can be considered a good team, but they are certainly better than some of the slop at the bottom of rankings.