It's Tuesday, which means it's that time of week where teams work out free agents.
Former Panthers wide receiver David Gettis and former Ohio State linebacker Nathan Williams worked out for the Eagles— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) September 24, 2013
Gettis, a former 6th round pick of the Panthers, started 13 games for Carolina in 2010. He amassed 508 yards on 37 catches that year. He also saw limited time as a kick returner. Since that year, he's only played in 2 games. Gettis is 6-3, 217 lbs.
Nathan Williams (6-3, 250 lbs) was a 2013 undrafted free agent that originally signed with the Vikings. Williams attended college at Ohio State University. Minnesota waived Williams with an injury settlement in early August but he was picked up by the Dolphins later that month. Miami cut him when they trimmed their roster down.
No signings are imminent, per Tim McManus. The Eagles are just doing their homework on available players.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- NFL Power Rankings 2013, Week 4: Eagles drop again
- The Linc - Don't expect any Eagles trades
- NFC East "strength of schedule" revisited after three games
- Raiders vs. Broncos is an important game for the Eagles
- Should the Eagles acquire a play-maker before the trade deadline?
- Eagles waive CB Brandon Hughes with injury settlement