According to a report from San Diego, Eagles starting inside linebacker has been fined for his hit on Chargers wide receiver Malcolm Floyd. The official ruling was that Ryans "struck a defenseless player in head and neck area with his shoulder". The fine is for $21,000.
The hit took place in Eagles loss to the Chargers in week 2. The referees did not throw a penalty flag on the hit. Floyd had to leave the game on a stretcher after laying on the ground motionless for several minutes. It was not a pleasant sight.
Fortunately, Floyd might return to football in a month, according to a recent report.
Here is a video replay of the incident - (Warning: Unpleasant)
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- Eagles-Chiefs Week 3 Snap Counts
- Chip Kelly, Michael Vick lament turnovers in Eagles' loss to Chiefs
- Eagles vs. Chiefs Post-Game notes
- Week 3 Report Card: Fumbles, missed opportunities and Justin Houston shatter the Eagles' dreams
- The Linc - Eagles fall to 1-2
- Eagles-Chiefs Final Score: Philadelphia falls to Kansas City in Andy Reid's return, 26-16