My expectations for the season range anywhere from winning the Super Bowl to getting the 1st pick in the draft, but realistically fall somewhere in the middle, just like most of you.
I think we need to get back to the basics this year, like:
- Establish a run game.
- Start to build a solid foundation for the defense.
- Improve our game-planning (compared to the previous regime).
- Improve game management (including time management, play-calling, and half-time adjustments).
- Get the players to buy into the system (which from the sounds of it, some did from the 1st day).
- Get the players used to the conditioning they need in order to run this offense for a full 16 games.
- Give time for the Head Coach to get used to the NFL.
- Get rid of the bad habits that the players have developed, especially in the last couple of years.
- Bring a winning attitude back to the team.
- Evaluate our personnel and what changes we need to make there in the next 2 years or so.
- Evaluate our scheme and if it's going to be effective.
- Hopefully carry on to next season what we start to build this year.
If we can start to achieve some of this, it will be a win in my book. Anything more is just icing on the cake. So I'm excited for the start of the season and playing against the Washington Football Team, but my big picture focus in on the basics and how far we get with those.
Where are your expectations and goals for the team ?