The latest player to work out for the Eagles is wide receiver David Douglas.
WR David Douglas (UDFA-Arizona) visited the Eagles. Was most recently with the Bucs in training camp. Spent time with NYG and TB last yr.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) September 17, 2013
Douglas signed with the Giants after not being drafted in 2012. He is listed at 6-1, 205 lb. Douglas played his college football at Arizona. Eagles backup QB Nick Foles also attended UA, and it appears the two are friends:
Along with his good friend and former teammate David Douglas, Foles moved in with [UA QB Coach] Scelfo and his family. He and Douglas would wake up before sunrise almost every day for conditioning and workouts, and Foles would meet up with Scelfo six days a week at Jimenez Practice Facility to throw and study the pro-style offense.
Philadelphia is likely kicking the tires on a guy they might have interest in as a practice squad candidate in the future. No signing is imminent.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- NFL Power Rankings 2013, Week 3: Eagles take a step back
- Eagles-Chargers: Play-by-Play Viz
- The Linc - Earl Wolff progressing
- Eagles-Chargers Review: Looking Back at Missed Opportunities
- Eagles injury report: Dennis Kelly, Bradley Fletcher return to practice
- Philadelphia Eagles Week 2 PFF Grades: Offense shines, defense struggles