As always, Week 1 of the NFL featured a ton of action. Now that the week is over, it's time to see where all 32 NFL teams stand in the power rankings.
Since it's early in the season and I don't want to react to a small sample size, the rankings will be determined by both: 1) how the team performed in week one and 2) my expectations of the team entering the season.
BLG's WEEK 2 POWER RANKINGS
7) Saints - Drew Brees makes that offense go. The 2012 Saints' defense was historically terrible. It held them back despite a great offense. If the defense can be anything better than that, they have a chance to win.
8) Bears - Marc Trestman seems to know what he's doing in Chi-town.
11) Ravens - That defense sure didn't look "reloaded" after Peyton Manning smashed them with seven touchdowns of his own.
13) Eagles - The Eagles offense is also a big threat. Chip Kelly looks like a great addition. The defense didn't look too bad, at least in the first half. Can they keep their offensive success up moving forward?
15) Redskins - RG3 looked rusty but the Redskins defense looked putrid. Washington travels to Green Bay and could easily be looking at a 0-2 start to the year.
16) Dolphins - Miami is going to have to do more than beat the Browns. Ryan Tannehill doesn't look too bad.
18) Chiefs - Kansas City looked legitimately impressive in Andy Reid's debut... but it was against the worst team in the NFL.
19) Rams - Third best team in the NFC West. Earned a hard fought win against their divisional rivals against Arizona.
20) Giants - 6 turnovers. New York had 6 fumbles all of last year. They have talent, but turning the ball over this much is not an encouraging sign.
21) Panthers - Held the Seahawks to just 12 points, but also only scored 7 points.
22) Chargers - A new era in San Diego began with a similar collapse.
23) Buffalo - Credit to Doug Marrone. EJ Manuel put together a surprisingly good performance in his rookie debut against the Patriots. The Bills almost won that game, but almost won't cut it in my ruthless rankings.
26) Steelers - When Felix Jones is on your active roster and plays, that says a lot about your team. And not in a good way.
29) Buccaneers - Clearly the worst team in their division the way I see it. I am not a fan of Josh Freeman. Terrible decision by Lavonte David to commit a penalty and give the Jets a chance to hit the game winning FG.
30) Raiders - They almost beat the Colts, but Oakland still isn't a threat. Terrelle Pyror might be fun to watch.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- No surprise: Eagles re-sign veteran CB Brandon Hughes
- Week 1 Report Card: Eagles run wild on the Redskins
- Editorial: My Written Apology to Eagles' Cornerback Cary Williams
- Eagles-Redskins First Play Prediction Contest Results
- The Linc - Chip Kelly Era Begins With A Win
- #FlyEaglesFly: Eagles Players React To Win Over Redskins On Twitter
- Eagles-Redskins final score: Chip Kelly Orchestrates Victory in NFL Debut, Eagles Win 33-27