With the Philadelphia Eagles needing to cut the roster down to 53 by Saturday August 31st by 6 PM, they have made 13 roster moves.
Here's who the Eagles released:
#Eagles announce 13 moves (Part 1 of 2): Release: E. Brown, A. Dixon, D. Dixon, King, Kinne, Kopa, Lindley (Injury Settlement), Momah— Eagles Insider (@EaglesInsider) August 30, 2013
#Eagles moves (2 of 2): Released: Murphy, Reynolds, Robinson, Tennant. Placed Joe Kruger on IR w/shoudler injury suffered last night.— Eagles Insider (@EaglesInsider) August 30, 2013
There are no surprises in these cuts. Here's a quick breakdown on each player:
OLB Everette Brown - Depth OLB, didn't show enough.
NT Antonio Dixon - Couldn't stay healthy in training camp and didn't show enough in preseason.
QB Dennis Dixon - Still could make the practice squad. Veteran depth.
DL David King - 7th round rookie who didn't flash.
OL Matt Kopa - Depth OL.
CB Trevard Lindley - Wasn't good enough and suffered an injury.
WR Ifeanyi Momah - Great size but never stood out. Maybe a practice squad candidate.
WR Will Murphy - The former Oregon WR thanks Chip for the training camp invite.
OLB Adrian Robinson - The Eagles traded Felix Jones for him. Jones was going to be cut anyway. Depth OLB body.
OL Matt Tennant - Depth OL.
DE/OLB Joe Kruger - Seems to have been placed on injured reserve with a "phantom injury". Best case scenario for him. Needs more time to develop his body and his game.
The roster now stands at 62. 9 more cuts need to take place before the deadline tomorrow.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- Tracking the Philadelphia Eagles roster cuts
- Final Cut Open Thread: The Eagles start handing out the pink slips
- The BGN staff makes final predictions for the Eagles' 53-man roster
- Preseason Week 4 Report Card: Eagles turn the New Meadowlands into "Sack City"
- The Linc - Eagles preseason is over, time for roster cuts
- Preseason Game Recap: Philadelphia Eagles lose to New York Jets in preseason finale, 27-20