Let's dive right into my note from today's open Eagles training camp practice at Lincoln Financial Field.
• No pads on today, so it was a relatively light affair.
• According to the Eagles, 28,000 fans showed up to watch the Eagles practice. Good on you, fans.
• TE/WR Clay Harbor had a couple drops today. I specifically counted three.
• S Earl Wolff had himself an interception. Rookie DL David King tipped a Barkley pass and Wolff was in prime position to pick it off. That's Wolff's second interception off a tipped pass I've seen in training camp so far.
• Greg Salas. Where do I start? As if his amazing one handed catch against the Patriots on Friday wasn't enough, he had another highlight play today. A ball bounced off Salas' hands, a defender batted it, and Salas somehow kept his focus to make the grab before it hit the ground.
I don't have the numbers to support this theory, but I get the feeling that Salas is a really efficient WR. I'd really like to see the number of catches per times he's been targeted. From what I've seen, I would wager it's a high percentage. Not only does he have good hands, but he often seems to find a way to get open.
• Kurt Coleman absolutely drilled James Casey after the TE had just made a catch. That's a big no-no considering the Eagles didn't have pads on. Coleman knew he had done wrong as soon as it happened because he signaled like he didn't mean to do it. Props to Casey who was able to hold onto the ball and get up after the play.
• Patrick Chung picked off a Vick pass at the goal-line in a redzone drill.
HC Chip Kelly
• The problem with the Eagles defense against the Patriots? Not being gap sound.
• TE Clay Harbor is getting reps at WR since the Eagles are thin there and Harbor is athletic.
After practice, I caught up with some nice Eagles fans to hear about their experience today. They described today's practice as "great" along with "cool", among other things. It was no surprise they were big fans of "Brian Dawkins". You can follow them on Twitter.
• Did not practice: LS Jon Dorenbos (concussion), RB Bryce Brown (quad), OLB Phillip Hunt (knee), WR Damaris Johnson (hamstring), OT Jason Peters (hamstring), OT Dennis Kelly (back), OT Ed Wang (knee), Casey Matthews (knee).
• Lane Johnson missed practice because his son was born yesterday!
• While Peters didn't participate in full drills, he did have a helmet on and was doing some individual stuff. Good sign for him.
• Left practice early: S Kenny Phillips (quad).
Up next: Eagles training camp practice is back at the NovaCare Complex tomorrow.
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter for more training camp updates.