Chip Kelly's press conference are always a blast. Here's the most recent example as to why:
Funny enough, and understandably so, the Eagles PR staff filtered out Kelly's select choice of words in the official transcript. Take a look:
Q. When the game starts and you start taking a look at what the other defense is doing in terms of either matching or playing man or whatever, is it common for teams not to show you what their real intention is early and then have you adjust to what they are doing and then they flip to what they really want to do?
COACH KELLY: That's way too smart for me.
Q. I don't think it's too smart for you.
COACH KELLY: I don't see that, and I know as a play caller we don't do that. ‘Hey, I'm going to call three [poor] plays in a row and let them think the next one is going to be [poor] and then we're going after them.’ (Laughter) That's not my mentality. That's what I meant, I'm not smart enough ‑‑ now, you may think there are some ‑‑ hey, write that. If there's a [poor] call on Sunday, just say, ‘Hey, he's setting them up. We knew what he was going to do.’
Love him or hate him, you can't deny he's a funny guy.
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft BGN 4.0: Eagles get some help in the secondary
- Eagles Injury Report: Three Players Miss Practice
- All-22: Continuing to Peel Back the Onion of the Chip Kelly Offense
- BGN Writer NFL Picks: Week 14, 2013
- ESPN Pick 6 Interview with Nick Foles
- Eagles vs. Lions 2013: 5 Questions with Pride of Detroit