Howie Roseman says CB Brandon Boykin is going through the league-mandated post-concussion protocol.— Eagles Insider (@EaglesInsider) December 16, 2013
Boykin suffered what appeared to be a head injury in the Eagles' 48-30 loss to the Vikings on Sunday. The injury occurred on a kickoff return. During the return, Boykin was tackled in a way where he landed on his head. It wasn't a pretty scene. Boykin remained down on the field for a decent amount of time before walking off the field with some help of the trainers. Boykin's chances of returning to the game was originally ruled as questionable before being downgraded to out.
Chip Kelly didn't offer much insight on Boykin's injury earlier on Monday in his press conference. " I talked to Brandon, he seemed like he was doing okay." Kelly noted he hadn't yet talked to the team's training staff at the time.
The Eagles' second year player not only contributes on kickoff duty but also plays a valuable role as the team's slot cornerback. Boykin's status for the upcoming Eagles-Bears game depends on his progress through this mandatory concussion protocol.
Get well soon, Boyking.
- Jingle Bells, Batman Smells, Eagles Laid an Egg
- Chip Kelly Says Eagles Won't Rest Their Starters Against the Bears
- Eagles vs. Vikings Week 15 Snap Counts
- BGN Radio: Eagles vs. Vikings 2013 Recap
- Week 15 Report Card: Eagles suffer major letdown by falling into the trap
- Eagles' Loss to Vikings a Wake-Up Call