At 4-5, the Eagles are still in the thick of the race for the NFC East. The constant shuffle of quarterbacks has stunted the Eagles' ability to score points, but after a tremendous team victory in Oakland, Philadelphia has a glimmer of hope. With another road trip on deck, the Eagles have to continue their success on the road and build some momentum as the season continues.
The Packers are a formidable team but are really banged up. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers is dealing with a shoulder injury, linebacker Clay Matthews is recovering from a broken hand and Green Bay has lost other starters for the season with various bumps and bruises. This is a game that the Eagles should win if they are facing an offense guided by Seneca Wallace. The Eagles need to get in the habit of winning games on a consistent basis and Nick Foles has to prove that he is capable of being a "the guy."
When and Where to Watch
1 p.m. ET - Channel: FOX
The Eagles are 15-25 all-time against the Packers, including playoffs in which Philadelphia is 1-2 against Green Bay. The Eagles last playoff appearance ended in a 21-16 loss to the Packers, which was Green Bay's third straight win over Philadelphia. There is also this:
Check out Acme Packing Company for the Packers' perspective on tonight's game.
- The Packers have no former Eagles on their roster, while the Philadelphia has just one former Green Bay player in offensive lineman Allen Barbre. The veteran played was drafted as fourth-round pick in 2007 by the Packers and played for them until 2010.
- Casey and Clay Matthews will face each other for the first time in their careers, if the older brother is able to play with a broken hand on Sunday.
- Trent Cole has 16 tackles and 2.5 sacks in four regular season games against the Packers.
- Chip Kelly was 1-0 against Wisconsin during his tenure at Oregon.
- This game will be the first of four Eagles matchups against the NFC North.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- Eagles vs. Packers: Breaking down the Odds
- Simulating the Game: Eagles vs. Packers
- BGN Radio: Eagles at Packers Preview
- Nick Foles named FedEx Air Player of the Week
- Eagles vs. Packers 2013: 5 Questions with Acme Packing Company
- Eagles-Packers Final Injury Report: Michael Vick Doubtful
- Eagles vs. Packers Fantasy Football Guide