It appears the injury could cause Rodgers to miss time.
More definitive scans today but initial tests showed small fracture in Aaron Rodgers' collarbone that could sideline him about three weeks.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 5, 2013
But Packers do not want to make any determination until Aaron Rodgers undergoes more testing today.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 5, 2013
ESPN Insider Ed Werder is reporting that Rodgers' injury "doesn't look good".
Rodgers missing time is obviously a huge deal. He's a great player and without him the Packers will likely start veteran backup QB Seneca Wallace in his place. Wallace is 6-15 as a starter and hasn't won a game since 10/3/10 when he was with the Browns.
The Eagles may be catching a very fortunate situation here. It doesn't seem like Rodgers will be back in time for the Eagles-Packers game in Green Bay on this upcoming Sunday.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- NFL Power Rankings 2013, Week 10: Eagles Rebound
- The Linc - Nick Foles Mania
- Report: Aaron Rodgers suffers collarbone injury
- NFC East Standings Report - NFL Week 9
- Chip Kelly Puts The Haters on Blast
- 49ers to cut former Eagles CB Nnamdi Asomugha
- Philadelphia Eagles Week 9 PFF Grades: Nick Folesplosion