Now that Week 12 of the NFL is over, it's that time to see where all 32 teams rank. For reference purposes, here is a link to last week's NFL Power Rankings.
The Eagles had a bye week.
Let's dive right in.
BLG's WEEK 13 POWER RANKINGS:
1) Seattle Seahawks (Last Week: 2) - For the second straight week, there's a new number one. The Seahawks have the best record in the NFL and they're coming off their bye week. They move up due to Denver's loss.
2) Denver Broncos (LW: 1) - Speaking of Denver, there's no good excuse for them to have blown that lead and lost the game. Prior to Denver's loss, NFL teams were 516-5 (99%) when leading by 24 or more points at halftime.
3) New Orleans Saints (LW: 3) - The Saints are thankful that the Falcons are very incompetent. Carolina is looming, but I still think New Orleans wins the NFC South.
4) Carolina Panthers (LW: 4) - No movement here. It looked like Carolina might lose until a final drive put together by Cam Newton helped them win the game. The drive featured a call to go for it on 4th and 10. Riverboat Ron lives on, and the Panthers have now won seven in a row.
5) New England Patriots (LW: 7) - Those first half Patriots stunk. Then the real Tom Brady showed up in the second half and the Patriots suddenly looked a lot better. The benefits of having a Hall of Fame quarterback.
6) Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 5) - Andy Reid's Chiefs have dropped two games in a row. The offense finally came alive with a season high 38 points. The defense struggled with the loss of their top two pass rushers: Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. Thankfully for KC, the Broncos also lost.
7) San Francisco 49ers (LW: 9) - Back on track with an easy win over Washington.
8) Cincinnati Bengals (LW: 8) - Bye week. No movement here, but both the Steelers and Ravens won and inched closer to the division lead.
9) Arizona Cardinals (LW: 12) - This team is playing darn good football right now. Arizona is enjoying a four game winning streak highlighted by a top ranked NFL defense. The Cardinals crushed the Colts at home.
11) Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 11) - Bye week. The Eagles watched the Cowboys win and take over the division lead (due to the tiebreaker), but Philadelphia is on a three game winning streak heading out of the bye.
12) Dallas Cowboys (LW: 14) - The Cowboys won a game they needed to win, but didn't really look too sharp in doing so. Don't just take my word for it:
13) Chicago Bears (LW: 10) - The Bears are fourth in points allowed (28.1 per game), but have a winning record. This is clearly not the Bears defense of recent years.
14) Detroit Lions (LW: 13) - Blew a game at home to the Buccaneers, but are still first in the NFC North.
15) San Diego Chargers (LW: 17) - Phillip Rivers put together a great drive to help give the Chargers a win in a very tough environment.
16) Baltimore Ravens (LW: 18) - Beat up on a hot-garbage Jets team.
17) St. Louis Rams (LW: 20) - It's hard not to like the Rams when they're "Good Rams". St. Louis put a firm beating on the Bears, who were without Jay Cutler. It's too bad for them that they're buried in such a good division, the NFC West.
18) Green Bay Packers (LW: 16) - Well, a tie is better than a loss for GB. If the Packers win on Thanksgiving, they will be in the first place of the NFC North. With Aaron Rodgers still out, it's up to Matt Flynn to keep the ship afloat.
19) Miami Dolphins (LW: 15) - Dolphins running backs in their loss to Carolina: 13 total attempts, 16 total yards.
20) Pittsburgh Steelers (LW: 22) - Pittsburgh's season is suddenly alive yet again. The Steelers are enjoying a three game winning streak.
21) Tennessee Titans (LW: 26) - The Titans are still fighting out there. If the season ended today, TEN would be the 6th seed in the AFC. If the Colts keep struggling, it's not out of the question to see the Titans make a run at the AFC South title.
23) Buffalo Bills (LW: 23) - A good bye week for Buffalo. They had the chance to watch both the Jets and Dolphins lose.
24) New York Jets (LW: 19) - Frauds. The record says 5-6 but this team should probably be about 3-8 or 2-9. They have the second worst point differential and first worst turnover differential in the NFL.
26) Cleveland Browns (LW: 25) - Jason Campbell got injured which meant Brandon Weeden was back on the field. The Cleveland crowd welcomed his return with boos. The Browns got their butts kicked by Pittsburgh.
28) Minnesota Vikings (LW: 29) - You know how they talk about "playing to win, and not to lose"? Well how about "playing to tie"?
29) Washington Redskins (LW: 27) - RG3 and 8. LolSkins. What a mess.
30) Jacksonville Jaguars (LW: 32) - For the first time all year, the Jaguars are not last in these power rankings! Go Jacksonville! Catch the fever!!!!!
31) Houston Texans (LW: 30) - They lost to the Jaguars. At home.
32) Atlanta Falcons (LW: 31) - The 2013 Atlanta Falcons are the first team to officially be eliminated from the NFL playoff race.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson is right behind Eagles RB LeSean McCoy for the rushing title
- Chip Kelly Birthday Gift Ideas
- Sports Science and the Health of the Eagles
- Eagles to Wear Black Jerseys Versus Cardinals
- Why Isn't Brandon Boykin Playing More?
- Five Games to Go: Comparing Eagles and Cowboys Remaining Schedules