Now that Week 5 of the NFL is over, it's that time to see where all 32 teams rank. For reference purposes, here is a link to last week's NFL Power Rankings.
The Eagles' victory over the Giants stopped their fall and helped push them back up.
Let's dive right into the rankings.
BLG's WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS:
1) Denver Broncos (Last Week: 1) - Another week, another win. The 5-0 Broncos came close to losing against DAL in an exciting game. Thankfully for Denver, Tony Romo Romo'd his team out of the game by throwing an interception that led to a Denver game winning field goal. Meanwhile, Peyton Manning has thrown 20 TD and 1 INT on the season.
2) New Orleans Saints (LW: 3) - A victory over the Chicago Bears on the road moves NO to the second spot. Combine the Saints offense with a heavily improved defense and you have the makings of a darn good team.
4) Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 6) - Just like everyone thought, Andy Reid's Chiefs are 5-0. KC's defense is great and the team has only surrendered a (tied for) league low 58 points. I still have my reservations about this team's ceiling, but for now they are a legitimately good team.
5) San Francisco 49ers (LW: 7) - The Niners are back. They were aided by a 3 interception performance from a declining Matt Schaub, but a 34-3 win is nothing to complain about. SF sliced and diced HOU.
6) Indianapolis Colts (LW: 10) - Nothing but respect for Indy who earned a tough comeback win over the Seahawks. The Colts have the 5th most points scored and 6th least points allowed. Combine that with a +6 turnover differential (T-4th) and this is a strong team.
7) New England Patriots (LW: 4) - What a poor showing from New England on the road in CIN. NE scored a measly 6 points. This game marked the first team since 2009 Brady did not have a touchdown pass. He had thrown a TD pass in 52 straight games previously.
8) Chicago Bears (LW: 5) - A second straight loss for the Bears. Chi-town's defense has been giving up points but they have the third most amount of points scored on offense (145). Plus, they lost to a really good team in the Saints.
9) Green Bay Packers (LW: 9) - GBP got back on track with a win over their divisional rival. A convincing 22-9 win coming off their bye week moved the Pack up to .500. Their net +26 point differential is 6th best in the NFL.
10) Detroit Lions (LW: 8) - A tough divisional loss on the road. Missing Calvin Johnson was obviously a significant issue for DET.
12) Baltimore Ravens (LW: 17) - This is an up and down team. To recap: blown out by Denver, unconvincing win over the Browns, beat the Texans thoroughly, lose close to the Bills, and most recently win close against the Dolphins. Somehow they're 3-2.
13) Miami Dolphins (LW: 11) - Close loss to BAL at home. Two straight losses for the Fish.
14) Tennessee Titans (LW: 13) - Despite missing their starting QB, Jake Locker, TEN played a tight game with the undefeated Chiefs. The Titans still have the league's second best turnover differential at +8.
15) New York Jets (LW: 22) - Tough win for the Jets on the road in ATL. Geno Smith hasn't looked too bad. Rex Ryan is doing everything to save his job.
16) Cleveland Browns (LW: 20) - The Browns have won three games in a row since trading Trent Richardson. Too bad for them, Brian Hoyer tore had his season end with an ACL tear. Brandon Weeden takes back over at QB for Cleveland.
17) San Diego Chargers (LW: 14) - Phillip Rivers almost led a comeback against the Raiders in Oakland but instead threw an interception that sealed the game.
18) Houston Texans (LW: 15) - They got beat up bad by the Niners. Matt Schaub threw 3 interceptions. The Texans need to an upgrade at QB.
19) Dallas Cowboys (LW: 18) - The Cowboys almost knocked off Denver but didn't finish the job thanks to a late game Tony Romo interception. Dallas only falls down one spot.
20) Arizona Cardinals (LW: 23) - The defense is good, but the offense is not so much. Putting up 22 points on an impressive Panthers defense is worth something though.
21) Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 24) - A win over the second worst team in the league only goes so far, but it was a win the Eagles needed.
22) Oakland Raiders (LW: 27) - The Raiders!!! Oakland secured a nice win over their divisional rivals. Terrelle Pyror looked sharp as he threw for 221 yards and 2 TD on 18/23.
23) Buffalo Bills - (LW: 19) - Lost to the Browns and lost their QB E. J. Manuel to injury for a while. Thad Lewis, who was cut by the Browns in the off-season, will be starting for BUF in Week 6.
24) Atlanta Falcons (LW: 16) - Huge drop for ATL. The Falcons are usually hard to beat at home but they already have 2 losses there. 1-4 isn't a good look.
25) Carolina Panthers (LW: 20) - Carolina has a good defense. They are tied for the least amount of points allowed (58) but they have trouble scoring with the 4th least amount of points scored (74).
26) Minnesota Vikings (LW: 25) - Bye week. Minny signed Josh Freeman, so their QB dynamic has changed from "Every NFL QB > Matt Cassel > Christian Ponder" to "Every NFL QB > Freeman > Cassel > Ponder".
27) St. Louis Rams (LW: 28) - I guess beating the Jaguars moves them up a spot.
28) Washington Redskins (LW: 26) - Bye week. WAS moves back thanks to the teams under them winning and moving up. They play at Dallas in Week 6.
29) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LW: 29) - Bye week. They finally cut bait with Josh Freeman. TB can't score. 44 points through 4 games (11 points per game) is horrible.
30) Pittsburgh Steelers (LW: 30) - Bye week. They play at the New York Jets in Week 6, so they could easily go 0-5.
31) New York Giants (LW: 31) - No one has allowed more points than the Giants with 182. Something tells me the Giants aren't feeling this season. NYG is staring 0-6 in the face considering they have to play on Thursday night in Chicago.
32) Jacksonville Jaguars (LW: 32) - Forever last. The Broncos scored 51 points in Week 5. The Jags have scored 51 points through 5 games.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- NFC East Standings Report - NFL Week 5
- Michael Vick Injury: Eagles QB is Day-to-Day
- Philadelphia Eagles Week 5 PFF Grades: Vick, Foles graded positively
- Michael Vick injury: QB expected to miss Sunday's game against the Buccaneers, per report
- Chip Kelly rules Philadelphia
- Week 5 Report Card: Referees are awful but Eagles beat Giants