The Eagles have classic rivalries among the NFC East, but the battles between the Giants and Eagles seem to be a bit more personal. Could it be because of the split of New Jersey fans? Chuck Bednarik's hit on Frank Gifford? Osi vs. Shady? It doesn't really matter.
The Eagles and Giants will face each other at MetLife Stadium in the second division game for both teams in Week 5. The Eagles are 1-3 and are looking to get even with the Dallas Cowboys, who face the daunting task of trying to contain Peyton Manning this weekend (good luck with that). The Giants are just hoping to get a win after how awful the first month of their season went. These are two desperate teams that may be in a must-win in just the fifth week of the season.
When and Where to Watch
Sunday, 1 p.m. ET,
The Eagles and Giants have played each other 162 times. In those games, the Giants lead the series 84-76-2. Philadelphia is 17-12 against New York since 2000 and 26-23 since 1990.
Check out Big Blue View for the Giants' perspective on Sunday's game.
- Trent Cole has eight sacks in 16-career games against the Giants but only one in the last eight games.
- LeSean McCoy has rushed for 694 yards and three rushing touchdowns in eight-career games against the Giants. That is an average of 86.8 yards per game on the ground.
- DeSean Jackson has 636 receiving yards against the Giants in nine games. That is an average of nearly 71 yards per game. He also has three receiving touchdowns.
- McCoy still leads the league in rushing at 468 yards.
- The Giants have not swept the series since 2007 and the Eagles have swept them twice since then.
- The Giants and Eagles have played in the same division since 1933, when Philadelphia's football team was established.
- The first meeting between the two teams was on October 15, 1933.
- Old Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi grew up an Eagles fan and rooted for Philadelphia in the first game he ever went to, which was against New York.
- The Eagles are 2-1 at MetLife Stadium.
- Since 2006, the Eagles are 6-2 on the road against the Giants (including playoffs).
Former Eagles on the Other Sideline
61 C Dallas Reynolds (2009-2013, practice squad and active roster)
99 DT Cullen Jenkins (2011-2012)
93 DT Mike Patterson (2005-2012)
Follow Bleeding Green Nation for updates throughout Sunday's game. We will have your updates on injuries, scores and more. You can follow Brandon Lee Gowton on Twitter at @BrandonGowton and Mike Kaye at @mike_e_kaye.