Well it looks like Emmanuel Acho isn't the only Eagles training camp darling to be returning to the roster. According to a report from CSN Philly's Reuben Frank, the Eagles are bringing quarterback GJ Kinne back to the team.
I'm told Eagles planning to re-sign QB G.J. Kinne to the practice squad. Was released Aug. 30. Will be added to 53 pending VIck/Foles health— Reuben Frank (@RoobCSN) October 21, 2013
As the report states, Kinne will be immediately added to the practice squad. He could be promoted to the active roster depending on the injury status of Michael Vick and Nick Foles. It's unclear if Vick or Foles will be healthy enough to practice this week, let alone play against the New York Giants on Sunday, so bringing Kinne back as depth and a practice player makes sense.
Kinne was signed by the Eagles earlier in the off-season and spent training camp with the team. He was (tragically) released when the Eagles made their final cuts. But now he's back!
No word at this time on the corresponding move to open a spot for Kinne on the practice squad.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- Nick Foles Injury: Eagles QB suffers concussion
- Philadelphia Eagles Week 7 PFF Grades: Eagles Quarterbacks Struggle
- Massacre Monday: Several teams losing top stars to major injuries
- Michael Vick likely to start in Week 8 against the Giants, per report
- Eagles-Cowboys Week 7 Snap Counts
- Week 7 Report Card: Eagles' defense shows up, Nick Foles and offense absent
- Eagles-Cowboys Final Score: Philadelphia loses to Dallas, 17-3