Acho was a fan favorite in training camp and preseason but didn't make the final roster (for long). Some were disappointed in the Eagles' decision to cut the second year player. Acho remained a free agent until the New York Giants signed him to their practice squad in September.
With this move, it's likely the team is looking to add depth. Eagles rookie backup ILB Jake Knott suffered a hamstring injury against the Cowboys and did not return.
Shaun Prater was originally claimed off waivers shortly after teams were required to cut their rosters down to 53. Philadelphia lacked depth at cornerback due to injury at the time, so Prater was added as a depth player. He was only active for one of the Eagles' seven games. Fellow depth CB Roc Carmichael seemed to take Prater's spot.
It's good to see the Acho man back.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- Nick Foles Injury: Eagles QB suffers concussion
- Philadelphia Eagles Week 7 PFF Grades: Eagles Quarterbacks Struggle
- Massacre Monday: Several teams losing top stars to major injuries
- Michael Vick likely to start in Week 8 against the Giants, per report
- Eagles-Cowboys Week 7 Snap Counts
- Week 7 Report Card: Eagles' defense shows up, Nick Foles and offense absent
- Eagles-Cowboys Final Score: Philadelphia loses to Dallas, 17-3