It's official: Nick Foles has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Foles completed 22 out of 31 passes (71%) and threw for 296 yards, 3 TD and scored on a running TD as well. He finished with a 133.3 QB rating in the Eagles win over the Bucs. It was undoubtedly a great performance from the second year player.
The Eagles young QB has played well when he's had the chance. In a very small sample size, he has the second best QB rating (127.9) only behind the league leading Peyton Manning.
The NFL season isn't even halfway through and already two Eagles have already won offensive player of the week awards. There's no doubt that Chip Kelly and his successful offense deserves some credit here too.
Some interesting facts here from Randall Liu, part of NFL Communications:
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- Could the Eagles move to 12 personnel as a base offense?
- The Linc - Michael Vick and Nick Foles: Best Friends For Life
- NFL Power Rankings 2013, Week 7 : Eagles Compilation
- Michael Vick unlikely to play against Cowboys
- New York Jets sign Greg Salas off Eagles practice squad
- Getting to know the Eagles: WR B.J. Cunningham
- On Vick, Foles, and Momentum in the NFL