Well, that's a relief. The Eagles have brought FB/TE Emil Igwenagu back on their practice squad after releasing him on Monday. Philadelphia cut the tight end to make room on the active roster for wide receiver B.J. Cunningham.
Igwenagu, signed as an undrafted free agent after the 2012 NFL Draft, spent most of his first year on the Eagles practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster late in the season. The tight end then showed enough to Eagles coaches in 2013 training camp to justify keeping him on the 53 man roster. Despite making the roster, Emil was never active for any of the Eagles first six games this season.
The Eagles' practice squad is now full again:
DE Brandon Bair
OT Michael Bamiro
CB Marcus Burley
S Keelan Johnson
OLB Travis Long
WR Will Murphy
TE Emil Igwenagu
RB Matthew Tucker
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- Could the Eagles move to 12 personnel as a base offense?
- The Linc - Michael Vick and Nick Foles: Best Friends For Life
- NFL Power Rankings 2013, Week 7 : Eagles Compilation
- Michael Vick unlikely to play against Cowboys
- New York Jets sign Greg Salas off Eagles practice squad
- Getting to know the Eagles: WR B.J. Cunningham
- On Vick, Foles, and Momentum in the NFL