Now, times have changed. Neither of these teams are in the top class of the NFC. The Buccaneers have struggled for a while. An 0-4 start to their 2013 campaign is just an extension of those failures. Philadelphia is also seeking a return to the spotlight but first they have to get back to .500.
These teams have only played 16 times before, but they do have a history with each other.
• All-time record is in favor of the Eagles: 9 wins, 7 losses. Eagles are 7-5 against the Bucs in the regular season, 2-2 in the NFL playoffs.
• Philly is 3-3 when playing in TB. The most points the Eagles scored in Tampa: 41. Least: 13. The most points the Bucs have scored at home against PHI: 24. Least: 13.
• The Eagles are on a 2 game winning streak with wins over Tampa in 2009 and 2012. PHI hasn't scored less than 21 points on the Bucs since a 17-0 shutout loss in 2003.
• All-time point differential: 291-242 in favor of the Eagles. Regular season: 212-179.
• Some not so good memories: 2006. Heart break. Matt Bryant 62 game winning field goal, final score 21-23, Eagles lose. 2003. Ronde Barber 92 yard interception return for a TD. NFC Championship Game loss. Final game at Veterans Stadium. Later 2003. Eagles lose 17-0 in the first ever Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field. 2002. Joe Jurevicius.
• Good memories: Nick Foles is undefeated against the Bucs. (Yeah, 1-0) That one win came last year when the rookie QB led a comeback victory over Tampa as the clock expired. A 1 yard TD pass to Jeremy Maclin sealed the game for the Eagles' fourth and final win of 2012. It was also the only game Foles has won as the Eagles starting QB.