In about three hours Sunday NFL Football Will be Back! In the meantime though, instead of twiddling your thumbs or watching NFL Sunday Countdown talk more about everyone's favorite backup QB, I thought this was the perfect time to post the week 1 fantasy football open thread. Have a lineup question for this week, fire away. Maybe an add/drop one? Any question you have post them here and I will answer them up to game time. After the jump, Ill give you 5 players I like this week and 5 I dont plus my Bold Prediction. Ask Away!
5 Players I Like This Week:
1. Doug Martin- Car has a bad rushing defense and i really liked what I saw of this kid in preseason.
2. Steven Ridley- With Verren out I think this is a good week for Ridley. Look for the Pats to get up big and then run the ball.
4. Torrey Smith- Last year he torched Cincinnati and I expect him to do it again. Say 80 yards and a score for him on MNF.
5 Players I Dislike This Week
2. Wes Welker- Too many mouths to feed in NE, I think Lloyd has a nice game and Welker has about 5 catches for 60 yards.
3. Frank Gore- I think they get down early and Hunter/James both get more work than people expect.
4. Toby Gerhart- AP is their starting RB and while he isnt going to be 100% nor get all the work a timeshare means Im not starting either one of them.
5. Rashad Jennings- Same as above. I think MJD gets more work than people think and Jennings has a sub par game.
Bold Prediction of the Week: Doug Martin, in his rookie debut, will rush for over 100 yards and have 2 TDs.