I was very skeptical about the Eagles' chances of 'blowing out' the Browns like many thought. I still picked them to win 23-13, but I was even nervous about that number. However, the Birds looked far worse than I think any of us expected (on offense, anyway).
For week 2, I "predict" we see the following differences - listed from LEAST confident predictions to MOST confident.
5. Vick comes back looking pretty sharp. That is, sharper than expected. He might still throw 1 pick, but I think we see a 65%+ completion percentage, less bad (let alone ridiculous) decisions, and less time holding the ball... (Again, I'm least confident in this prediction).
4. I think our OL improves a BIT, but not much. They looked better in the second half, but Vick was under constant duress. Kelce has a challenge he's not faced before in Haloti Ngata... I'm nervous about this. Also, you'll see safety blitzes - probably a lot. Vick's going to take shots - probably a lot. But I think when it's all said and done, we will recognize more consistency in our OL.
3. Flacco won't be airing the ball out so often (as he did against Cincinnati). I think you see 2-3 shots down the field - especially early - but they probably will be aimed at TEs, not WRs.
2. The linebackers won't look AS good as they did in week 1. Trent Richardson is a bulldozer, but Ray Rice is experienced, isn't injured, and I think the Ravens will expose some weaknesses with screens, etc.
1. I think our pass rush finally shows up in full glory. I'm most confident in this. I think there will be a greater urgency to have Flacco get that ball out quick to avoid those shots down field, etc. I predict 4-5 sacks, and 4-5 more hits on Flacco. I think the Ravens will have to adjust in the second half and keep more people in to block for Flacco, and I think this is where the Eagles D can take advantage.
Prediction for the game, and again I'm nervous about this game, but I think the Eagles can take down the Ravens in a close, well-played game by both teams, final score: 23-20 Eagles.(Fingers crossed)