Aug 30, 2012; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Philadelphia Eagles running back Bryce Brown (34) carries the ball during the first quarter against the New York Jets at Lincoln Financial Field. Mandatory Credit: Howard Smith-US PRESSWIRE
The preseason is 30 minutes from being over, which means players who are on the bubble or fighting to get on the practice squad are getting their last chance to show what they can do.
So far tonight it's been Byrce Brown who is standing out, and while he is a lock to make the team, it's looking more and more like he could be cutting into Dion Lewis' carries. Brown showed his speed when he got the corner of the endzone for the touchdown.
* Brandon Graham, despite having a few penalties, is having a good game. Although the Eagles probably did not want their former 1st round pick playing in the 4th preseason game the 3rd year of his career.
* Mardy Gilyard could end up making this team. Gilyard did a great job adjusting to the ball in the air, coming back to make the catch for a touchdown. Gilyard also had a special teams tackle, and making plays on special teams is the way he can sneak his way onto the roster.
* All Trent Edwards does is move the ball. Yes, tonight it was against players who might never play another NFL down. But he has done enough this preseason to make the team over Mike Kafka.
* Jaiquawn Jarrett had a good first half. When he dove for a ball that was clearly heading out of bounds, he showed me a passion and effort that I have not seen from on the field so far. Not making a big deal out of it, but I see a different kind of attitude from Jarrett tonight.
* Chas Ford showed some nice moves on a catch in the redzone. He got the ball down to the 2 yard line, and while he won't make the team, he might be an interesting option for the practice squad.