I am interested to see what you all think about the current roster battles, so what do you think: who wins these battles (i.e., who has them week 1 of regular season)?
[PS: Yes, I know we need to see them in training camp, pre-season, etc., but just for fun at this point.]
1. Backup QB/3rd String QB (I say Kafka, with Foles at 3rd string)
2. Backup HB/3rd String HB (I say Lewis, with Polk at 3rd)
3. Backup LG (I think they give Vandervelde a chance here)
4. Backup RG (6th rd. Washington)
5. Backup C (I see Vallos earning this spot)
6. Two backup WRs (I want to say Cooper & McNutt, but they will probably add a speed guy, so I'm going to say Cooper & Damaris Johnson w/ McNutt on practice squad - at least for week 1, this is a tough battle, though.)
7. Punter (For some reason I really see Tydlacka stealing the job away, I wasn't impressed with Henry).
8. SLB (I think Kendricks gets it, he'll improve throughout the season. He has too much potential not to give him the job.)
9. WLB (With Kendricks at SLB, I think they will go with the best remaining LB, which is Chaney. This will be the most heated battle, though).
10. Slot CB (I think Boykin takes it and Hanson gets cut. 5 CBs who make it will be Asomugha, DRC, Boykin, Marsh, and maybe Harris).
11. FS (I guess the Eagles switch the names, I mean the position opposite N. Allen; I think Coleman is the clear front-runner. The chemistry he's built with Allen will help.)
12. Who will be the odd-man out if the Eagles keep only 5 DEs? (I think Tapp goes, Hunt, Curry & Graham stay).
13. Who will be the odd-men out if the Eagles keep only 6 LBs? (I think Clayton and Fokou go. I think Rolle will be the backup WLB, Matthews backup MLB, Jordan backup SLB - Jordan is great at ST).