Lets begin this by saying I'm very happy with our draft so far. Love Cox, love Kendricks, love Curry and that outweighs the question mark that is Foles (though I like him as a developmental QB). There isn't much the Eagles could have done to make this draft better.
Now like yesterday I'm going to share my thoughts on some guys I think the Eagles should target.. Now keep in mind this is my opinion, so feel free to blast me for it and I'll just continue hitting "C" on my keyboard...
Again like yesterday I'd like for you guys to share some of the guys you hope we target and why, lets use this to kill some time.
- Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss- This is an OT prospect that I like and I think he could provide some great value in the 4th round. He's a guy who could eventually develop into a bookend OT with a few years of grooming. I didn't think he'd make it out of the 2nd yet alone the 3rd so he's high on my list of wants.
- Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia- As I've stated before, I have nothing against Boykin and I actually like him as a player. My issue with picking a CB where many of you wanted one was simple, we don't need to spend another high pick on a CB. Now that Boykin has dropped out of the 3rd and could potentially be there for us in the 4th (or we could trade up) he provides great value and very high potential. I'm all for the Eagles going after him by any means necessary now.
- Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami- He was one of the most talked about WR's through the season and now he's here late in the draft. I think he could come in and help us in the Redzone and provide some competition to our WR's. I'm not to high on him but there is no denying his potential.
- Brandon Washington, OT, Miami- I love his potential, I love his athletic ability and I think he can come in and benefit from a few years on the bench. The guy has the potential to be a top flight OLman (whether it be at OG or OT) in the NFL. I think he fits Mudds scheme perfectly.
- Orson Charles, TE, Georgia- He has some off the field issues which is something that would scare me away but he's very talented and can make plays. The thing I like about him is that he is a willing blocker who has seems to take pride in it, and at 6'2 251lbs he is a player you can move all around the formation.
- Dwight Jones, WR, UNC- Jones is a massive pass catcher with decent speed, he runs good routes and is a Redzone threat who will attack the ball. He would fit perfectly here as a Slot WR and could possibly develop into something even greater. I think adding him into the WR corps will make this team even better now and into the future.
- Lardarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette- Huge target at TE who would give the Eagles a raw prospect to work with. He's lacking as far as blocking goes but he has big play ability and wins jump balls, in a pass happy league you need 2 solid TE's who can make plays. I think he may end up being the best TE taken from this draft by the time everything is said and done.
- Chris Polk, RB, Washington- Polk is a guy who can come in and take some pressure off McCoy, not only that but he is a natural pass catcher out of the backfield and that is something the Eagles covet in RB's. I would look for him to come in and challenge Lewis for the backup spot immediately.
- Chris Rainey, RB/WR/KR, Florida- The only way to explain Rainey is explosive. The guy does it all and does it well. I think for him to succeed in the NFL he's going to have to take on a role which requires him to be primarily at WR and KR with some packages where he can run the ball. Think of him as Chad Hall but with talent.
- Danny Trevathan, LB, Kentucky- Danny lead the SEC in tackles for 2 years straight and is athletic enough to make the switch to WILL LB. At Kentucky he was a hitter and was above average when it came to turnovers. I think he could be a pick that can come in and challenge for a roster spot and eventually develop into a quality role player or starter. He's my boy from Kentucky so you know I have to be pulling for him.
- Winston Guy, Safety, Kentucky- What? Two Kentucky boys? Watch Guy play last season and you'll like what he brings to the table, he's a playmaker and hits, he excels near the line of scrimmage and can match up with WR's. Like Danny he's going to have to earn a spot on a team but honestly I compare him to Mikell.