NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 28: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell (L) poses for a photo with Danny Watkins, #22 overall pick by the Philadelphia Eagles, on stage during the 2011 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall on April 28, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Chris Trotman/Getty Images)
Alright folks, the draft is around the corner and it's time to fine tune those mocks, make any last minute changes and post them here. Those of you who don't know, before I became a boss I did this competition in the "Fanposts" section. I usually do this a week or two before the draft but decided to do a 48 hour entry period due to this being on the front page this time. More exposure = more entries. No need for an extended period of time. Also, this gives us a chance to enter our most up-to-date mocks.
Last year, our winner was andyreidswaistline who correctly predicted the selections of Danny Watkins, Alex Henery, Jaiquawn Jarrett, and Brian Rolle. You can see the results here. He called a repeat this year so who's going to prove him wrong? Everyone who has posted mocks in the fanposts already, just post those here as well.
Entry Period: 12 pm EST 4/24/2012(Today) - 12 pm EST 4/26/2012(Thursday)
Explanation, rules, and instructions after the jump.
The Eagles currently have nine draft picks in the draft. The picks are (Round 1) 15th overall, (Round 2) 46th overall, (Round 2) 51st overall, (Round 3) 88th overall, (Round 4) 114th overall, (Round 5) 153rd overall, (Round 6) 172nd overall, (Round 6) 194th overall, and (Round 6) 200th overall.
The objective of this competition is to correctly predict which players the Eagles will draft. Each correct player will award you points. There will be more than one way to earn points since it would be ridiculously hard to get points out of only nine draft pick predictions. You will get an alternate pick for each selection which will get you points but less than what you would get if you got your primary correct. If you get a player correct but incorrect round, that will also net you points.
You will have at least 18 opportunities to gain points. Nine from your primary and nine from your alternate. Remember, you can also get points if you get a player correct but wrong round. Simple enough, right? Good.
Primary Pick(Right player & right round) : 10 Points
Alternate Pick(Right player & right round): 6 Points
Right player and wrong round: 3 Points
- THERE IS NO TRADING. There will be many of you coming up with wacky trade ideas and making things complicated so leave it out.
- You should not have more than 1 primary pick and 1 alternate pick. Giving more than that will automatically get you disqualified.
- No changing picks once submitted so be sure to think it through!
- If there are multiple picks in the same round, it doesn't matter where in the round those players go, as long as you specified the round.
- In the event of a tie between winners, a separate game will be played in which the winners will have to guess how much our first pick will sign for. The person with the closest number will be the Mock Draft Champion.
- IF THE EAGLES GET MORE PICKS VIA TRADE BEFORE THE DRAFT(PROBABLY NOT LIKELY), THERE WON'T BE AN UPDATED POST TO ADD MORE SELECTIONS. JUST SUBMIT PICKS FOR THE NINE PICKS THEY HAVE NOW. IF THE EAGLES TRADE AWAY PICKS, THEN YOUR PICK FOR THAT ROUND WILL JUST BE SCRATCHED. DRAFT DAY TRADES WON'T BE UPDATED. WHATEVER SUBMITTED BY THE DRAFT WILL BE COUNTED.
Please submit your selections in the following format.
Primary Pick: (Player Position) (Player Name)
Alternate Pick: (Player Position) (Player Name)
^ Same for every round...
Like before, I will make another post announcing the winner and results. It's a bigger stage this time with more eyes on you so step your game up people! Good luck and happy mocking!