Here is the reasons why
1. He's the best free agent available at LT, and is a two time Pro Bowler
2. Whilst injury prone recently, he's got a better injury record than the other major free agent candidate Demetrius Bell. Since 2009, Bell has played in only 30 out of possible 48 games. McNeill has played in 36.
3. He is bigger at 336lbs and a far superior run blocker than Bell who has one of the worst bench presses on record when he did his Pro Day
4. He is sufficently athletic. Mudd coached the similarly sized Tarik Glenn (335lbs) with the Colts for 9years
5. At 28, he can be signed for a one/two year deal and would like to join a contending team where he could showcase his continuing talent
6. We can still go for a OT of the future in R2 at 46 or 51. Personally I'd like Bobbie Massie who could easily transition to the left side due to his existing athletic ability