(Not another mock draft thread no one cares. I know, I know)
It's ridiculously early to be talking about this but that's reality at this point. I thought maybe this could be a forum for people to make their own predictions, because I know everyone loves to do that. I figured maybe we could have it all here to avoid crowding up the fanpost section with all sorts of mocks.
I don't know if this idea will stick but if you think so, rec this so it can stay up for a little while, once the offseason is going we can reference this to see if anyone was right.
Here's what I would LOVE from this offseason, without much detail (I'm sure later on I'll delve into some explanations)
- Vick, Reid, and all the coaches gone obviously
- Bruce Arians hired as head coach - The Eagles want to pursue an offensive minded coach, and Arians is doing a terrific job with the colts, I think this would be a great hire
- Edgar Bennett as Offensive Coordinator - He is currently Wide Recievers Coach at Green Bay, where he has coached a great group of players, think he would be able to develop our offensive weapons in a similar way
- Jack Del Rio as Defensive Coordinator - Favors a 2 gap 4-3 scheme, This may not be the most fashionable scheme in the NFL, but Del Rio's units have always been tough, savvy and solid. He calls plays designed to take away the big-play capability of an offense and prefers to confuse quarterbacks with a wide mixture of coverages.
- The offensive line/defensive line coaches I have no knowledge on, but one guy I'd love to come in is Brian Dawkins as a Secondary Coach. He knows his stuff and his leadership might be great on the sideline
Eagles free agents:
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie: Don't re-sign
- Colt Anderson: Keep
- Jon Dorenbos: Keep
- King Dunlap: Don't re-sign
- Akeem Jordan: Keep
- Derek Landri: Don't re-sign
- Jake Scott: Don't re-sign
- Darryl Tapp: Don't re-sign
Possible free agent targets:
Alex Smith: The 49ers have an opt out clause in his contract, and with the emergence of Colin Kaepernick I find it hard to believe they will keep Smith around. I would love to see Alex Smith behind a healthy offensive line running this offense
Dwayne Bowe: Big 6'2'' receiver who runs great routes
Jairus Byrd: Safety is a position that needs a ton of improvement, this would be a good start:
Draft I don't know a ton about college football nor do I know all the prospects so I am not going to do a 7 round mock, but rather a 3 round mock. *I am sure that the eagles are going to try and shop some of their players, and most likely they will get some more draft picks*
1st round: Luke Joeckel (Tackle)
2nd round: Tyler Eifert (Tight End) 6'6'' TE from Notre Dame, in a league where 2 tight ends are becoming more popular, Eifert could become a great red zone threat
3rd round: Matt Elam (Safety)
Projected lineup (not all 53)
QB: Alex Smith, Nick Foles
FB: Stanley Havili
TE: Brent Celek, Tyler Eifert
LT: Jason Peters
LG: Evan Mathis
C: Jason Kelce
RT: Luke Joeckel
LDE: Brandon Graham, Philip Hunt
WILL: Akeem Jordan (I expect an upgrade)
MLB: DeMeco Ryans
CB: Nnamdi, Marsh, ????????????
Obviously there is a whole lot of info and loose ends here, but I just had to get my ideas written out. Feel free to join the discussion and share your thoughts.