First fanpost here so bear with me... After letting last week's loss finally sink in, I'm gonna try to put a positive spin on things (something as a Philly sports fan I'm still learning to do). Here are 10 reasons why the loss can actually be a blessing in disguise.
10. Now I can go back to a normal life and remove BGN as my homepage until draft day.
9. Dallas win increases chance of Jason Garrett coming back for another season
8. It also means Sean Payton may be available next year should he not resign with New Orleans (it's a long shot, but it would be nice to have options for our owner to choose from. Plus, I'm willing to deal with his smugness for a few years as long as he can bring a ring to the city)
7. Dallas win decreases Dallas' chances of drafting an elite QB in next year's draft
6. It increases the likelihood of Romo staying in Dallas for few more seasons (not that he's horrible, but he doesn't show the competitiveness/fire that you'd like to see in an elite QB which is good for us)
5. Dallas win keeps its hopes of a playoff berth, which ultimately helps Jerry Jones believe that he's a good GM/Owner
4. Reaffirms that Eagle fans are knowledgeable fans and Einstein is a genius (since he is credited with the quote "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - story of the Reid's offensive philosophy)
3. We finally get to see what Foles can do with time to prepare (not saying it's gonna be pretty, but at least it's different)
2. 14 years (almost) and no SB ring = time for Andy to take his offense to San Diego and revive Air Coryell in SoCal. I'm sad for Andy that he's time may be over in Philly, but I think it's time to move on.
1. I can't think of a killer #1... any takers?