1. Fire Reid now. Reid was once an up and coming coach with unorthodox offensive schemes that in a way pioneered the way for a pass happy NFL. But with back to back really bad and embarrassing seasons, it's time to part ways. Marty Morhinwig can be the interim coach for the remainder of the season. He has head coaching experience, then hire another up and coming coach to be the new HC.
3. Bench Michael Vick. He's 33, he's an average QB at best, and as we all know very turnover prone. In the past two seasons, he has the most turnovers out of any other player, you don't win games or championships by turning the ball over. Not only will he not be here next year, no one is going to want an average 33 yea year old turnover prone QB to start next year.
The assertion that no other QB can play behind our O-line is bogus, many QBs have been thrown under bad offensive lines -- even rookies. Good Qbs also have quick releases, have hot routes, can see over the line, as opposed to holding the ball for an ETERNITY. No team has ever waited to build up their O-line to start a QB.
There has to be SOME sort of change for an offense that still hasn't put up 30 points up in a game yet. An offense that's ranked 31st in scoring. QB would be a good start, especially one who quite obviously is not even going to be on the team next year (Do you think we'll pay his big contract?).
4. How about we start Vinny Curry? He can't be worse than Jason Babin or Daryl Tapp or insert any other of our under performing DE's. We spend a 2nd on him, let's see what he's got.
5. Next year it's also time to part ways with Daryl Tapp and Jason Avant. Both players are getting older, and the problem I have with Avant is his inferior speed and shiftiness. He's got great hands and runs great routes, but if you don't have the speed you won't get open consistently. Look at all the top guys who play well in the slot, the biggest difference between Avant and those guys is either speed or quickness and Avant doesn't have enough of either. Tapp hasn't done anything this year to earn a roster spot.
6. If possible it would be great if we had a shot at signing Dwayne Bowe while letting Maclin walk. Bowe is a big physical WR who can use his body to catch balls. He would be a perfect compliment to DeSean Jackson. As I have been saying for a very long time here (and caught heat for it) Maclin is just not the WR he is supposed to be when we drafted him. He's a nice player, but quite frankly, even with DeSean getting all the extra attention, he's just not making enough plays to warrant a big contract. This was the year where he was 100% healthy, more muscular than ever, and his "breakout" year.