I had a little free time on my hands so I figured I'd use Madden simulations to make a prediction on the Eagles 2011 season.
I never got around to buying Madden 11 either,
or 09, 08,
So I will be using Madden 06 to make the predictions
Now, I had to make some slight adjustments to all the teams (ie: I didn't feel like altering the schedule so I just changed the team to match the ones on our current schedule . I will explain what I did for the other teams later, but for the Eagles:
- I gave everyone on Offense 99 speed. Except the OLine, which I gave 95 speed (to make it more realistic). I also upped to O line stats
- I traded Michael Vick to the Eagles. I left Culpepper as the starter for the vikings.
- I made the wide receivers and corners better.
- Raised the Dline stats.
And other minor adjustments. But whatever. Ok lets starts!
The Eagles get off to a fast start as Vick finds Desean Jackson (Terrell Owens with 99 speed) for a 76 yard Touchdown. The Rams Offense struggled to anything going, as the Eagles held Steven Jackson (beefed up Warrick Dunn), to 36 yards rushing in the first half. By the start of the Third Quarter, the Eagles have scored 28 unasnwered points, 7 of them coming off a Sam Bradford (Matt Schaub), interception getting returned for a touchdown by Nate Allen (Brian Dawkins). I stopped watching the game because World's Dumbest came on but the at the end the score was 42 - 8, Eagles Win.
Then I got lazy and simulated the following weeks, but the End result was a 15-1 record. Notable wins included.
- A 27-7 Win over the Patriots (being played by the Packers), where we knocked Tom Brady (Brett Favre) out of the Game.
- A 52-14 win over the Giants in New york to complete the Sweep (won the first meeting 21-13). Eli Manning (being played by Eli Manning) throws 9 interceptions total between the two meetings.
- The only game we lose is the week 4 game against the 49ers (played by the Chiefs), where Frank Gore (Priest Holmes) rushes for 123 yards and 2 touchdowns.
I didn't do the Playoffs because at the this point I realized this was pretty stupid, but if Madden says 15-1, I think it's pretty safe to bank on.
If I killed any of your time, then my job is done.