Week 3 has just about come to a close and I though I'd evaluate all the teams based on their records and determine if their record portrays what their season is going to be, or if we shouldn't expect similar results for the rest of the year. Sort of like a contender or pretender article, but I'm focusing on the lower teams as well. Why do homework when I can talk football? Thus, we begin.
1. Redskins 2-0: I really don't feel that the Skins will win the division, but they won't be an easy win. I predict they slip out and end around the .500 mark come January.
2. Giants 2-1: The Giants team is full of injuries, and even though they stomped us yesterday, I don't think they have the depth to make a run.
4. Our Eagles 1-2: It's been a rough start but I'm keeping the faith. This team will come together towards the end of the October and really end the season strong. I predict we win the division and make a playoff run. Of course this all hinders on the health of #7.
1. Lions 3-0: I really like the Lions this year, I think it will be tough to beat the Packers in that division but I think they will clinch a wildcard spot. They cold be dangerous if Stafford stays healthy. Good for that front office for compiling a great team through the draft.
2. Packers 3-0: The defending champs look like the Dream Team to me, and i almost feel that they aren't being recognized. Maybe I'm just watching TV at the wrong times, but I think they're flying under the radar a bit. They could easily be back in the Super Bowl.
3. Bears 1-2: That offensive line is horrendous, no way they repeat what happened last year.
4. Vikings 0-3: McNabb continues to make the Eagles look smart. Too bad for Adrian Peterson that he is stuck on a bad team. I see the Vikings in the cellar of that division for a few years.
1. Buccaneers 2-1: I really don't see them competing for anything. Last year they had such an easy schedule to pad their record, I can't see them being at the top come Week 9.
3. Panthers 1-2: The Cam Newton Show will continue all season but the Panthers are still not much of a team. They have no running game, and Newton is still a rookie. They finish 4th.
4. Falcons 1-2: This team really should be 0-3, and they just don't seem to be that 13-3 team they were last year. Heck, I didn't think they were that 13-3 team last year. I don't see them for real as a team that comes away with a successful season.
NFC West: (This is still a division??)
1. 49ers 2-1: Honestly this division is up for grabs but I don't think Alex Smith leads this team to the playoffs.
4. Rams 0-3: With all the injuries this team has it isn't looking too good, but hey, it is the NFC West, they still have a chance.
1. Bills 3-0: The surprise team of the year, the Harvard man has led them to an undefeated start. I definitely think this team is for real and will compete for a playoff spot and ulimately clinch it, but via the wildcard. I don't think the Pats will lose this division, they are still dominant.
3. Jets 2-1: I am not sure how the Jets have made it to the AFC Championship game two years in a row, but they won't be in the playoffs this year.
4. Dolphins 0-3: Ew.
2. Steelers 2-1: This team is a perennial power and I see them in the playoffs again this year, clinching a wildcard ahead of the Bills. The team still has weapons even if they're "old".
4. Bengals 1-2: This team can't compete in this division.
1. Texans 2-1: This is finally the year the Texans can move away from the Peyton Manning's Team shadow and win the division. They have a great offensive line, plenty of weapons on offense, and a decent defense.
2. Titans 2-1: With Kenny Britt out for the season I don't think this team will make the playoffs, unless Chris Johnson puts da team on his back. They will end in 2nd.
4. Colts 0-3: Peyton Manning should win MVP this year.
2. Chargers 2-1: A preseason favorite to win the division, I just want to go a different way then the media, I see a midseason collapse by the Chargers.
4. Chiefs: They've had two tough losses to injury, and even when those players were in they were being embarassed. First to worst.
So, I'm not really sure what this article became but I had fun writing it. Give me your opinions if you have any.