Asante does NOT need to be traded to stay under the 2011 salary cap:
- HR in his conference stated Eagles are under the cap currently
- Vick is set to make 16+ million on franchise tag
- Jackson is set to make 400k on a deal he won't play competitively on
- Resign Vick to 5 yr extension 10 mil per year, 25 mil guaranteed
- Resign Djax to 5 yr extension 7 mil per year, 25 mil guaranteed
- Release Hanson 1.6 mil at least saved
- Eagles still under the cap with probably a few mil to get VY or another backup
So what do we do with 3 CB's? Anyone remember the Colts game last year?
“[Quintin Mikell] and I switched positions,” Samuel said. “I told him to go to the corner and let me go to safety and read Peyton a little bit. So I read his eyes … and caught the pick.”
Worst tackling CB now the worst tackling Safety in the league? Nnamdi might be a better option but why give up his press cover skills?
The eagles were beat over and over vs. TE coverage last year. What's the point of having a covering MLB if they can't cover. I think we will see a lot of downs where Asante simply replaces Coleman/JJ and on pure passing downs we'll have him replacing a line backer.
Eagles vs. Dallas:
If our MLB doesn't have to watch for the pass then that only strengthens our Run D and Tackling. If they go 4-wide you take out another LB and sub-in Trevard Lindley.
I'll leave it at that for now and welcome your comments.