One of my (and many others’) favorite activities during football season. What better feeling is there scooping up a sleeper in the late rounds, dominating one of your friends by 50 points or watching as you’re players break-out and go off only to leave your weekly opponent in tears after beating him by 2 points when all you had left is one guy on Monday night, project at 4 points??
I LOVE fantasy football. I love the smack-talk, the draft party, the heart-breaking losses and the immaculate come-from-behind victories. Most of us play in several leagues, on several sites with multitudes of different settings every year. I wanted to add to the “how do we kill time until the lockout ends, Kolb is traded and we sign Asomugha” chatter and get some feedback from my BGN friends.
I started my league today. Yup, that’s right, today. I have my other 9 guys chomping at the bit for our first vote/poll of the season to determine the draft date. But this isn’t about me, it’s about what everyone else is interested in, so I pose the following questions to you:
- What site do you use / which site is the best?
- Which format do you use? Head to head? PPR? Dynasty? Total Points?
- Do you guys run keeper leagues?
- How much do you charge for your league and how do you breakdown the payouts (70-20-10??)??
- Do you have a particular draft strategy? (RB, QB, WR or QB, WR, WR, RB)
- What type of draft do you do? Live? Snake? Autopick (God forbid)?
- If you do a live draft, how do you make it work?
- Any draft day rituals or good luck charms?
- Any particular player you HAVE to take every year?
Basically I just wanted to start a little discussion about Fantasy Football and how we all go about our leagues and whatnot.
Personally, this is the first year I’ll be holding a “live draft” at my place. To me this entails a lot of work, but it seems like it’s going to end up being the best draft yet. I have some ideas in my head I’ve been tossing around and I’d like to get some feedback once the discussion gets going, so have at it!