This ruling from Judge Nelson is taking way too long. She said two weeks and it's been 16 days now and still nothing on lifting the lockout. Reports say even if the lockout is lifted, the owners will likely convince Nelson to order a stay that will keep the league closed and no player transactions will happen until a deal is reached. I sure as hell hope that doesn't happen but I'm not waiting any longer to get this thing going. For those who didn't participate or see this last year, it's a mock draft competition based on a points system. We had 17 entries last year and I hope to get more than that this year even though there is only 6 days until the draft. Last year's winner was Bob_Q who correctly predicted the Eagles selections of Nate Allen, Clay Harbor, Ricky Sapp, and Charles Scott. You can see the full results here. A lot of mocks have already been posted on BGN so add all of your mocks here and see who is the best mocker of them all! Explanation, rules, instructions etc. after the jump.
The Eagles currently have ten picks in the draft. The picks are (Round 1) Pick 23, (Round 2) Pick 54, (Round 3) Pick 85, (Round 4) Pick 104, (Round 4) Pick 120, (Round 5) Pick 149, (Round 5) Pick 153, (Round 7) Pick 229, (Round 7) Pick 237, and (Round 7) 240.
The object of this competition is to correctly predict which players the Eagles will draft. Each correct player will award you points. There will be more than one way to earn points since it would be ridiculously hard to get points out of only ten draft pick predictions. You will get an alternate pick for each selection which will get you points but less than what you would get if you got your primary correct. If you get a player correct but incorrect round, that will also net you points.
You will have at least 20 opportunities to gain points. Ten from your primary and ten from your alternate. Last year, I included undrafted free agent signings as well but not including it this year due to obvious reasons. Remember, you can also get points if you get a player correct but wrong round. Simple enough, right? Good.
Primary Pick(Right player & right round) : 10 Points
Alternate Pick(Right player & right round): 6 Points
Right player and wrong round: 3 Points
- THERE IS NO TRADING. There will be many of you coming up with wacky trade ideas and making things complicated so leave it out.
- You should not have more than 1 primary pick and 1 alternate pick. Giving more than that will automatically get you disqualified.
- No changing picks once submitted so be sure to think it through!
- If there are multiple picks in the same round, it doesn't matter where in the round those players go, as long as you specified the round.
- In the event of a tie between winners, a separate game will be played in which the winners will have to guess how much our first pick will sign for. The person with the closest number will be the Mock draft Champion. Winner will get praise from the rest of BGN on a fanpost just for him or.....Eaglesgrl5.
- IF THE EAGLES GET MORE PICKS VIA TRADE(Not likely anyway before the draft), I WILL MAKE AN UPDATE POST WITH THE LIST OF PARTICIPANTS, TELLING YOU TO ADD YOUR PICK. IF THE EAGLES TRADE AWAY PICKS, THEN YOUR PICK FOR THAT ROUND WILL JUST BE SCRATCHED. DRAFT DAY TRADES WON'T BE UPDATED. WHATEVER SUBMITTED BY THE DRAFT WILL BE COUNTED.
Please submit your selections in the following format...
Primary Pick: (Player Position) (Player Name)
Alternate Pick: (Player Position) (Player Name)
^ Same for every round...