Due to a list a magazine, that shall remain nameless due to the fact they offer nothing to society, I am responding with my own list. The Worst Sports Fans based on their city/university not based on exact team.
1. Dallas- Don't really need to say much. They don't support their teams unless they are good and cowboys fan's are about 90% bandwagon fans who don't even know where Dallas is.
2. Atlanta- When the Braves were winning 12 straight division titles they still never consistently sold out Turner Field. They just don't care about their teams no matter how good or bad they are.
3. Miami- Same deal as Atlanta, fans don't show up. I remember watching the Mavs-Heat in the NBA Finals a few years back and most of the front row in Miami wouldn't show up to the games until the second half. I also remember the Eagles-Dolphins game in Miami back in like 2002, and it looked like their was more Eagles fans in the stadium then Fins fantatics and that was when the Dolphins were a good team.
4. Unv. of Nebraska- Huskers fans are brutal, loud, obnoxious and just plain awful. They look for a fight and never fight alone either. I could look past all that if anyone in the sea of red had an IQ about 75. I have posted a link with an actual interview with a diehard Husker fan about their move to the Big 10- Cooter Ray
5. New York- Can't complain about this city not supporting their team but more on how they do it. They leave games early(Jeremy Shockey ripped Giants fans after one game), they complain about their teams whenever they don't live up to their ridculous expectations. Also, they spit on Cliff Lee's wife and now can't figure out why he wouldn't want to play in their city.
Would appreciate any comments on which fans should of made my list and why a team on my list doesn't belong.