Now that the NFL Combine is underway, I figured that this would be the perfect time to kick off the second annual BGN Community Mock Draft. Last year's 42 person draft had Route 36 winning it all with an approval rating of 86%. Who will be crowned champion this year? Let the trash talking begin.
We've made a few changes to the rules and scheduling this year - including expanding the mock to 58 picks, so make sure to take a look below at how things will go down.
REMINDER: Picking teams doesn't start until tomorrow. This is just a "heads up" post to give everyone a fair shot at getting their team of choice.
- To avoid last year's "Surprise! The mock's starting now!" selection process, this year's process will start at a specific time: Monday, February 28th at 6:00 p.m. EST, to be exact. If you want to be assigned to a slot, just comment in the post that will appear on the front page at that time. Make sure to include the team that you want.
- Teams will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. HOWEVER, you must have at least 300 comments or have been a member of BGN since January 1st, 2011 in order to participate. If we need to, though, we can open it up to the newbies.
- There are 58 slots open, so chances are if you didn't get the team you wanted in the first round, they'll still be available in the second.
- The first selection will be posted to the front page on Tuesday, March 1st at 6:00 p.m. EST. If you have the Carolina Panthers, please e-mail me your pick before 6. My e-mail is email@example.com.
- Picks will be posted every day at 6:00 until we reach the end of the mock draft , which, conveniently enough, should coincide with the beginning of the real draft.
- Standard fanpost etiquette applies - meaning please make your pick explanations at least 75 words long and try to use big boy sentences. Punctuation is also appreciated.
- If you want some examples of how the picks went down last year, just type "BGN 2010 Mock Draft" into the search bar.
- No trades - sorry, guys.
Keep an eye out for the selection post tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone!