Boy do I miss these two out there together in Eagles green.
1) Sheldon laid the wood and could shut someone down, while Asante could sit back and gamble with great safety help (Mikell) over the top.
2) Both have similar coverage styles/abilities, and we did not have any of this "Should we force A to adapt? Or B to adapt?"
3) Neither would give up on a play... A LA DRC... probably my LEAST favorite player on the team this year. I am so tired of DRC giving up a catch and then absolutely GIVING up on the play. He is such a little bitch!
4) Sheldon Brown played better in this system than Nnamdi Asomugha... Yes... he did. Nnamdi can't play zone for shit. Sheldon could play zone AND man to man. While Nnamdi is perhaps superior in the latter coverage scheme, Sheldon was never a liability in any phase of the game. And remember when Sheldon gave up only 1 TD pass all season (albeit in the NFC Championship game)?
5) Sheldon Brown was always humble, and would never put up with the shit that is going on in the locker room right now.
6) In conclusion, Sheldon/Asante>Nnamdi/Asante>DRC with anyone
I MISS YOU SHELDON BROWN