I was gone all summer in India where I had fleeting internet access, so I have been absent from BGN for a while. Anyway, I'm back (sorry Joe_D).
My college team is Michigan, and I couldn't help but notice many similarities between Michigan and the Eagles. Here are a few:
1. Both are (currently) starting super-fast, super-athletic quarterbacks who are making progress as passers. In Michigan's case, this is Denard Robinson, who many have called the most dynamic qb since Michael Vick at the college level.
2. Both qb's replaced players who were athletically less gifted but much more accurate passers (Michigan's Kevin Kolb is Tate Forcier).
3. Both teams had solid offensive performances last week, but gave up way too many points to poor teams (Philadelphia gave up 32 to the Division 1-AA Detroit Lions, Michigan gave up 37 to the Division 1-AA UMass Minutemen.)
4. Both teams have young defenses that are anchored by one solid veteran (Eagles have Trent Cole, Michigan has defensive tackle Mike Martin, whose role as the one-man savior of the defense was ironically played by B-Graham last year).
5. Both teams have star 5'9" receivers with blazing speed (Michigan- Martavious Odoms, Philadelphia-Jason Avant).
6. Just kidding with that Avant line. Making sure you were paying attention.
7. Both team prefer to use 3-receiver sets. Both have question marks on the o-line.
8. Michigan has lost 7 in a row to that shitty school in columbus. THe Eagles have lost 3 in a row to the cowgirls.
I don't know what value this really adds, but I thought there were many interesting similarities between the two teams, which are also linked by current Eagles Marlin Jackson, Avant and Graham (and previously Jon Runyan).