Optimism 101, Class starts Now!
1) We’re alive on this beautiful day!
2) We’re not Giants fans!
3) We’re not Raiders fans!
4) We have internet access!
5) We have Jessica Alba!
6) We just signed one of the best DEs in the draft!
7) We didn’t sign JPP!
8) We didn’t sign an undersized safety/slow corner!
9) We didn’t draft Tyson Alualu!
10) We didn’t mortgage our team on one player!
11) JIBTA made it through round one without hurting himself!
12) Giants fans are reportedly selling lots of TVs with broken screens (via thrown remote control, coffee mugs, Beagles, small children, etc.)!
Listen, a lot of us weren’t high on Graham, largely because of the price we paid for him. I think we’ve all cooled down now, so lets look at what Graham does for us.
Pass rush: Waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy improved. We just went from two very good DEs (one of whom is likely a rotational guy) to three very good DEs. Our defensive line is gonna be terrifying, and with Fokou and Sims coming on the blitz from the outside, opposing QBs are gonna have no chance to find open receivers.
Run stopping: Graham is f’ing HUGE. I know he’s short, but he’s 268 pounds of pure muscle. He has a higher BMI then some of our offensive linemen, but his isn’t made of 70% flab. Graham and Cole are going to force runs inside, right into Bunkley, Patterson, and Bradley. Good luck Cowboys.
Pass defense: Our secondary just got a makeover. Personnel hasn’t changed yet, but they look a lot better all of a sudden. QBs are going to have a second or two less to find open receivers now that we have a legitimate two-end rush, which is going to make our secondary look amazing. I still think we pick a CB and Safety in round two (or trade for Richard Marshall or another CB) and our defense is going to be very good in all areas, mark my word.
So let’s be upbeat! Let’s smile! Let’s hug a child (warning: make sure this child is related to you, don’t get arrested)! And let’s rejoice! Today is a great day!