After the trade today, the Eagles now have......(table from philadelphiaeagles.com)
|2010 Eagles Draft Picks|
|1 (24)||Own Pick|
|2 (55)||Own Pick|
|3 (70)||Acquired from Seattle in 2009 draft day trade|
|3 (87)||Own Pick|
|4 (105)||Acquired from Cleveland along with LB Alex Hall for CB Sheldon Brown and LB Chris Gocong|
|4 (121)||Own Pick|
|5 (137)||Acquired from Cleveland along with LB Alex Hall for CB Sheldon Brown and LB Chris Gocong|
|6 (200)||Acquired from Indianapolis in 2009 draft day trade|
|7 (243)||Compensatory Pick|
|7 (244)||Compensatory Pick|
I am a firm believer that Donovan McNabb will get traded this offseason to the Oakland Raiders. Especially after many reports saying that Jamarcus Russell showed up weighing 291 pounds last week. I don't however...think the Eagles will trade McNabb for Asomugha. He is arguably the best corner in the league but he will make nearly 20 million dollars this year and I don't think the Eagles are willing to pay their two corners that much money. Instead I see the Eagles trading McBadd for the Raiders second round pick (39) and their 5th round pick (138). Back to the trade the Eagles made today.....either the Eagles are trying to get younger or they are trying to drop money. Either way trading McBadd for the draft picks makes sense. I personally think Kolb will produce just as well if not better than Donovan in this upcoming year.
OK NOW FOR THE MOCK DRAFT. I WILL LIST THE TOP THREE PLAYERS I THINK THE EAGLES WILL TARGET AT EACH PICK. I'M SURE THE EAGLES WILL TRADE UP A LOT AND TRADE PICKS FOR PLAYERS BUT I WILL LEAVE THEM OUT FOR NOW....SHOWING EVERY SINGLE PICK.
24. I think the Eagles will look at Sean Weatherspoon first. He can play at either OLB position and is a great leader. The Eagles need both of these qualities that he brings to the table. Next, I see the Eagles looking at Earl Thomas, the safety from Texas. He is a ballhawk and is very young. The Eagles will look at him rather than Taylor Mays because they didn't trade McNabb for Asomugha. If they got Asomugha, they could afford having a hard hitting safety that was weak in coverage. Lastly, I see the Eagles looking at Jason Pierre-Paul. He is a pass rushing phenom from South Florida. He would be a nice addition to play alongside Cole. Nobody knows if Tapp is really the answer or not.
39. Brandon Spikes should be at the top of the FO's list at this pick. He is another linebacker that brings fire and passion to the field. He would play MLB sending Bradley to SAM (his natural position). Second on the list could be Rodger Saffold, an offensive guard out of the University of Indiana. This guy shows great promise. The interior part of the Eagles offensive line really needs help so this pick would make a lot of sense. With that said, I am confident enough with Winston Justice and Jason Peters that the Eagles won't look for a tackle in the first two rounds. Last on the list for this spot the Eagles will take a big time look at Kareem Jackson, the corner from Alabama. He is very fundamentally sound and played a lot of man coverage in college which is very promising. He would compete with Hobbs for the starting job this year and would definitely have the job the year after that.
54. With this pick the Eagles will be looking for people in the secondary for the most part. Nate Allen, the free safety from South Florida would be a nice addition and would allow Marlin Jackson to go back to his natural position of corner. The Eagles would also have the freedom to keep Jackson there and let Allen develop depending on how he looked over the summer. Next the Eagles will look at Dominique Franks, the corner out of Oklahoma. This guy is very very athletic and aggressive. He can also help in the return game. Last but not least, the Eagles will look at John Jerry, the offensive guard from Mississippi. He is a big man that can achieve greatness in this league if he works at it.
70. With this pick the Eagles can still look at the secondary and the interior offensive line since they addressed the LB situation early on. Reshad Jones, the safety out of Georgia, would be a good pick for the Birds. Darrell Stuckey, the safety out of Kansas is another viable option. Not to mention Akwasi Owusu-Ansah the corner from Indiana in PA.
87. With this pick the Eagles have a lot of freedom. J.D. Walton would be a good option to take since the Eagles definitely need some help at the center position. Walton attended and played at Baylor. Greg Hardy would be another nice luxury pick because he has the talent of an early first rounder. If they can straighten him out the Eagles will have a steal. With this great draft so far they can certainly take a risk. Dan LeFevour, the quarterback from Central Michigan, would be a fantastic pick here as well to backup Kolb.
105. Tony Pike the quarterback from Cincinnati would be a nice pick here if the Eagles don't take Lefevour in the third. Jarrett Brown would be another nice pick because he has so much potential. Brown was the quarterback for WVU this year. Another pick that makes a lot of sense here would be drafting Toby Gerhart, the runningback from Stanford. This guy is a horse and would compliment McCoy and Bell well.
121. With this pick, the Eagles can look at Myron Rolle, the safety from Florida State. He is another high upside pick. The other two guys the Eagles will look at here are interior linemen. Two names that stick out are Ciron Black and Mitch Petrus. Both are offensive guards.
137 and 138. With these two picks. the Eagles will look at Brandon Carter (G from Texas Tech), Jevan Snead (QB Mississippi), Kam Chancellor (FS Virginia Tech), Pat Angerer (MLB Iowa), and Alterraun Verner (CB UCLA).
200. With this pick the Eagles will be looking for people to compete over the summer. These guys include Daniel Te'o-nesheim (DE Washington), Jamar Wall (CB Texas Tech), Roddrick Muckelroy (OLB Texas), and David Gettis (WR Baylor).
243 and 244. More people to compete over the summer....Devin Ross (CB Arizona), Chris Hawkins (FS LSU), Jameson Konz (FB Kent St.), Kyle McCarthy (FS Notre Dame), Leigh Tiffin (K Alabama), Zoltan Mesko (P Michigan).
AND THAT CONCLUDES MY MOCK. EXPRESS THEIR THOUGHTS BELOW PLEASE. I HONESTLY THINK THAT THIS IS A GREAT DRAFT AND THE SHELDON BROWN TRADE WAS GREAT. GOCONG SUCKED..ALEX HALL IS SUPPOSEDLY A LITTLE BETTER ON SPECIAL TEAMS SO THATS A SLIGHT UPGRADE. AND FOR BROWN..HE WAS AWESOME, BUT HE WAS DEFINITELY DECLINING AND WE BASICALLY GOT A LATE THIRD AND FOURTH FOR HIM IF YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT IT. THE PICKS IN THE FOURTH AND FIFTH ARE SO DARN EARLY.