First off I'm very happy about the Eagles winning, however I saw some things I liked and some things I didn't like.. So let's all be happy!
- Penalties- we had 14 for 125 yards.. We handed the Colts 125 yards, that's a very difficult thing to overcome. Although the one of Coleman was bullshit that'd still be 13 for 110 yards. We most likely won't win another game if we are penalized that much.
- Tight end usage- We need to get Brent Celek involved, he opens up a lot of the offense when he is involved, he had one big play that was negated by a holding call (thanks Justice).. 0 catches from the Tight End doesnt help us.
- Officiating- Those ref's sucked, the penalty on Coleman was ify, but the one on Trent Cole was bullshit, any other QB other than Payton Manning and that's a legal play. Those ref's tried to hand the game to the Colts.
- Covering Tight Ends- I'm a Kentucky fan, I know what Jacob Tammi can do, he's a good player and if given a chance would most likely be a very good weapon in the NFL. However there's no way we should give up 11 receptions for 108 yards and a TD to an unproven backup TE. This is something we need to fix fast if we're planning on making a run.
- Redzone offense- We had the ball in the redzone 5 times and came away with 2 scores.. That's anywhere from 9-21 points we missed there. Normally we're good in the Redzone so I'll take this as anomaly.
- Dimitri Patterson- Dude had a hell of a game, he was going against one of the best WR's in the game and really stood in there and held his ground, on the first Colts drive of the 2nd half he really a good pass deflection on a pass intended for Wayne. And his 6 tackles didn't hurt us none. Holding Wayne to 11 catches and 83 yards and 0 TD's is damn good for an unproven guy.
- Ernie Sims- This guy had a good game, he was all over the place and mixing things up, him showing up really helped, he was pressuring Manning like crazy.
- Pass Rush- I think the pass rush is what won us the game, to this point Manning was only sacked 7 times this year, we took him down 3 times and hit him on many other occasions. And against a pretty good Colt OL our pass rush being this effective on the best QB in football I'm pretty dang excited about this.
- Kurt Coleman- the 7th round pick came in and made plays. The hit on Collie as mentioned above was ify, I don't feel it was illegal, I feel it's like it was a series of shittyness for Collie. I wish Collie the best however if Kurt gets in trouble for this outside of the penalty I'm gonna be pretty pissed.. Aside from that the kid was very active. I can rest easy, there wont be another Dawk-effect when Mikel's gone.
- The Deep Three (Avant, Djax and Jmac)- The three combined for 13 catches for 190 yards and 1 TD, however Avant was damn close to scoring.
- Running Game- How long has it been since we've run the ball with such efficiency and success? How long has it been since we've run the ball this much?? Our team put up 195 yards and a TD. McCoy once again was our most consistent player and he really kept a few drives alive. Vick had 74 yards and a TD. Having a running game makes us twice as deadly.
- Defensive Backfield- I think I really love this DB group we fielded today, Asante had 2 picks, Mikel was tearing people up and making plays all over the place, Patterson was very good, Allen was good until he got hurt, Coleman played very very well and (gasp) Hanson didnt suck that much dick today... Our DB's look so much better without Hobbs sucking it up..
- The most important this is we Won and only trail the Giants by 1 game :)