Before I get into my post, last night was absolutely insane. It was the single, most impressive sports performance I have seen in my life. I was baffled when Vick was given the starting job, but I will gladly eat all my words. Vick cannot walk after this season. Anyways, now to my post.Sooooooooo my birthday was in August and my girlfriend bought me tickets to the Eagles-Giants game this week. This will be my second Eagles game (went to the Bears game last year), but it will be my first time coming down to Philly. We have great seats and the matchup couldn't be better, so I'm really excited. I live up here near Toronto, Canada and me and my girl will be driving down the 9 or so hours this weekend. We should be in Philly Saturday around 2pm and we're leaving Monday in the morning. So I have some time to spend around the city and this is where I need the help of the Philly faithfuls. For those who live there or have visited, I have a few questions about things to do, places to eat, etc. Unfortunately, me and my girl are 20 years old, so we are still not allowed to drink down there, so if you could keep that in mind with your ideas.
1. First and foremost, we have a Philly Cheesesteak place up here, but I gotta try the real thing. Where's the best place to eat one? Who makes the best one?
2. We're coming down in my car, but I plan on spending most of my time walking around the city to get the feel, take pictures and so on. Need some suggestions for things to do/see/experience. Just anything fun, historic, cool or whatever. We'll have practically two full days to walk around so I wanna get in as much as possible.
3. I've never been to a tailgate. I have no idea how they work. Do you have be of legal drinking age? Do people tailgate for late games? I literally have no idea, but I would love to experience one.
4. Where is the best place to be at night? Would it be downtown? Where is downtown? We can't get into clubs, but would be cool to grab some food and just be where the city is live.
5. Anyone else going to the game?
And anything else that you might think would be cool, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks and GOOO EAGLES!