In another Training Camp Report, the most exciting and captivating headlines from 2009 Eagles Training Camp are listed for you:
- WR Jeremy Maclin was a participant in Training Camp for the first time today after agreeing to a long-awaited contract two nights ago. The rookie (pictured) caught a few passes in warm-up drills (which drew a loud ovation from the crowd), and also took reps as the punt returner.
- WR DeSean Jackson was wearing out the defense all day. After playfully "trash talking" with CB Asante Samuel, the 2008 rookie sensation caught a beautiful 50+ yard TD, and also hauled in several other passes for decent yardage gains. He has clearly been the star receiver of Camp.
- Despite the team granting players of 30 years and older the morning practice off, QB A.J. Feeley and TE Matt Schobel decided to attend. Feeley worked with the 3rd string group, and although he wasn't brilliant while passing, he certainly improved from his previous Camp performances, which seemingly always included interceptions and incompletions.
- On a trick play, RB LeSean McCoy completed a pass to WR Hank Baskett for a minimal gain. Perhaps we will be witness to trickery like such in the regular season.
- Jason Babin, one of the Eagles' most recent additions, lined up as a DE, and wasted no time exploiting his agressiveness. On quite a few plays, he was able to race past the blocking lineman (including Chris Patrick on several occassions), and although it was intially expected he was going to battle for a LB spot, it now appears that the former Texan's draft choice will be fighting for a DE job.
- QB Kevin Kolb, taking reps with the 2nd string team, appeared very poised and confident in the throws he made, including a 10-yard completion to WR Jason Avant. He will likely man the backup job for the 2nd season in a row, ahead of fellow Quarterback A.J. Feeley.
- Rookie LB Moise Fokou found some great opportunities on the field, and seemed to be around the ball almost every play he was practicing. Fokou totaled at least 5 tackles and was also able to drop Lorenzo Booker for a 5-yard loss.
As always, more updates and reports surfacing from Training Camp will be posted as soon as possible.
Picture source: Online image. www.philadelphiaeagles.com