- Eldra Buckley became the star at the RB position for the 2nd day in a row, and there is no question that he is pushing hard for a backup job. The free agent signing who spent his previous career on the Chargers' practice squad broke free of defenders several times while running the ball, including many spectacular "after-contact" carries in which he gained at least 2 or 3 more yards after being hit.
- WR Kevin Curtis, who was absent for most of the practice yesterday because of a thigh contusion, was back on the field and participated in every drill and routine executed. It's good to know the injury will not be limiting his performance.
- Rookie WR Brandon Robinson, a rookie free agent signing, caught an unexpected 70-yard TD pass from backup QB A.J. Feeley in what seemed to be the first impact he's made since joining the team a day after the Draft.
- LB Tracy White and TE Eugene Bright exchanged a few punches in the Camp's first fight, however the two later said that it was only because of the intense competition on the field, and that the situation was resolved.
- A special tribute to Jim Johnson has been planned for August 7, and the team has decided not to hold practice on that day. As of now, this ceremony will be held privately.
- LS Jon Dorenbos missed significant practice time over the past few days, and some are starting to wonder if the off-field magician is suffering a hidden injury or is experiencing some sort of personal issue, for he is not one to miss time with the team while they're participating in OTAs. Hopefully this situation doesn't turn into anything too bad, and knowing Dorenbos and his relationship with the Eagles, I doubt it will.
- DeSean Jackson must have been sweating like a horse fresh off a race, for he was grabbing catches left and right. If stats were recorded, he would have totaled well over 100 yards, and if it weren't for Andy Reid calling one play a sack in credit of Trent Cole, he'd have a 65+ yard TD catch as well.
- CBs Joselio Hanson and Trae Williams both had strong practices. Hanson was able to knock down a few passes and snatch an interception, while Williams played aggresively while covering and allowed only a couple of passes to successfully get by him.
- After beginning camp with a load of respect and talent, P Ken Parrish seems to be falling behind in the Punter battle (if there even is one). Sav Rocca, the team's starting punter since 2007, has booted some great kicks, and has remained consistent in his placing of the ball on punts.
- Converted RB Marcus Thigpen (pictured) did well lining up as a reserve receiver, as he turned some catches into quality yardage-gainers, including a nice "over-the-middle" pass and catch that resulted in over 10 yards.
- CB Ellis Hobbs sustained a minor ankle injury, but is expected to return to practice within the next few days. In his place, Dimitri Patterson performed well, making a great diving deflection of a pass and recording a few tough tackles.
More updates and news regarding Training Camp will be posted as soon as possible.
Picture source: Online image. Philadelphiaeagles.com