. . .given Derrick Ward a 4-year 17 million dollar contract?
HECK YA! If we teamed him up with B-West, that had the potential to be a solid backfield for several of reasons:
1) He has proven himself these past couple years that he can step it up and play at a very high level in the NFL (rather than a guess like some college players are in the draft)
2) He is as explosive than Buck and is some years younger
3) He has the hands to catch out of the backfield, so other teams playing us wouldn't just expect him to run but also have to protect him against the pass
1) Is he what we REALLY want or need?
2) Are we sure he can get those needed first downs when we are 3rd & 3 in most situations?
3) If B-West went down, do we have a consensus that he can step it up and lead us to victory
Let's put it this way, if we gave him a (i think) cheap contract like he got, to have his caliber teamed with B-West . . . . I would be excited!! You?